Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Can I input my own grade card comments?

It's probably a little early to be thinking of grade cards, but I've always wondered who comes up with the comments they ask us to use.  Even the sternest comment is sanitized to the point where it's hard to decipher its original meaning.  "Student choices in class may be affecting his/her grade."  What the hell?

Here's some comments I'd like to add to the gradecards.  And remember, you are only allowed to use a maximum of two comments: the district is paying for the paper.

01-Student is a pain in the ass
02-Student reminds me of a jellyfish
03-Cries a lot
04-Goes to bathroom so often, I've wondered about his prostate
05-Won't shut up
06-Needs to bathe and/or wear deodorant regularly.
07-I vaguely remember this student
08-Student is great, but mom needs to cool it
09-Needs to wear looser clothing: is distracting my boys
10-Must learn to think before speaking
11-Please homeschool
12-Aspires to mediocrity
13-Ringleader
14-Student grade improved due to significant teacher and/or parent effort

No comments: